BUCKHORN CHILDREN AND FAMILY SERVICES RAFFLE RULES
By participating, you agree to these official rules, which are a contract.
- Sponsor: Buckhorn Children and Family Services Agency (Buckhorn) is the sponsor of the raffle to win a dress-length white mink fur coat which may be viewed at www.buckhorn.org/minkraffle. Buckhorn is a 501©(3) non-profit organization. Net proceeds of the raffle benefit Buckhorn’s programs serving at-risk children and families.
- Raffle overview: The raffle begins on Friday, September 15, 2023 and ends on Sunday, November 12, 2023, or when tickets are sold out, whichever occurs first.
- Eligibility: Any person 18 years of age or older, residing where the raffle is not prohibited, may purchase a ticket to be entered in the raffle. (Such person shall be herein known as the Ticket Holder). Buckhorn staff and board members and their family members are permitted to purchase tickets.
- Rules: By purchasing a ticket, each Ticket Holder accepts and agrees to be bound by the rules set forth herein as well as all applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Buckhorn’s decisions in all matters concerning the raffle and application of the rules shall be final. Please contact Buckhorn if you have questions regarding the raffle or these rules: 606-398-7000. The raffle is void where prohibited by law.
- Releases: By purchasing a ticket, each Ticket Holder releases Buckhorn, its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability with respect to the raffle, including but not limited to the selection process and the interpretation and application of the rules, and from any and all liability for injuries, loss, or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize. Each ticket holder agrees that their name, likeness, and any statements made by them regarding the prize may be disclosed to and used by the news media and may otherwise be used by Buckhorn for advertising or publicity purposes without compensation.
- Tickets: The cost to purchase a ticket for the raffle is $20.00. A maximum of 100 tickets will be sold. Each ticket has an identifying number(s). Any eligible person may purchase more than one ticket. Odds of winning depend on the number of valid tickets sold. Tickets will not be sold after 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 12, 2023. Any unsold tickets become the property of Buckhorn and will not be included in the drawing.
- Payment: A ticket is not valid until Buckhorn has received full payment for the ticket. If a check or credit card payment is declined or dishonored, the ticket shall be invalid. Such an invalid ticket will not be entered in the raffle and will not give rise to any claim or cause of action on behalf of the invalidated Ticket Holder. Tickets are not transferrable once purchased. The IRS has ruled that amounts paid for raffle chances are not gifts and do not quality as deductible charitable contributions.
- Raffle Drawing: The raffle drawing will take place on Sunday, November 12, 2023 at 1:00 p.m. EST at Idle Hour Country Club, 1815 Richmond Road, Lexington, Kentucky. Tickets purchased and payment received before 1:00 p.m. on Sunday, November 12, 2023 shall be eligible for the drawing. The winning ticket will be randomly chosen from a vessel by a Buckhorn representative who is not a Ticket Holder. If the drawing must be postponed, a notice of the rescheduled drawing will be posted on the Buckhorn Facebook page. If the raffle is not held, all money will be returned to the Ticket Holders. Ticket Holders need not be present to win.